Wednesday, March 27, 2013

When's the last time you were lost?

The last couple days I have spent my time wandering the streets of San Luis looking for places to live. So I guess in a way I've kind of spent my time being lost.. No real destination, just wherever my feet took me is where I went. And honestly, I've never felt more inspired in my life. To just walk, with no destination, no burden of time, no restrictions, nothing, just me and my thoughts. Somehow, the chaos of the busy streets and sidewalk traffic makes everything inside my head slow down. Somehow it puts me at ease. Seeing all the variety this city has to offer is incredible. In two days of wandering the city I've witnessed acts of courage, appreciation, selflessness, pure and sheer innocence, scandal, I watched a man propose to his high school sweetheart. I watched a little girl running to meet the arms of her soldier daddy. I watched a 70 year old man pick a flower for his wife and kiss her on the cheek as he exclaimed his love for her. I watched a boy hit on a girl and turn around not even ten minutes later to lay the same lines on a different girl.. Hahah. I think we should all get lost more often. Whether it be in a new city or your home town, a mountain side or river bank, the ocean or just your local lake, take time for you. Put in your head phones and the fray Pandora channel or just take in the sounds of everything surrounding you. Don't keep track of how long you're gone or when you should go back. Don't think about where you're going, or where you've been. Just go. And while you're gone, take it all in, watch all the little details you wouldn't normally pay attention to. I guarantee you'll be amazed with how good being lost can feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment